(251) Rasajnaa रसज्ञा -Expert in knowing, creating, enjoying and relish.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 799Knower, creator and enjoyer of the tastes of worldly people. Tastes are physical, emotional, social, individual, intellectual, spiritual, etc.
She joins with and shares the joys and miseries of Her worldly devotees, with as gladdened or afflicted a heart, and as great craving and interest, as if She is equally a great worldly being like them. Further, it means, She knows what pleases Her each child. This is most evident if one studies the family life. Mother alone knows what best pleases and suits the child's temperament and constitution. It is Mother alone who knows what is passing in the heart of a child, what it wants and demands, without its speaking or suggesting.
Rasa is feeling-interest or juice, taste, sap or relish and may be compared to saliva experienced during the period of morsel before the eye and inside the mouth. It is caused by the remembrance of the happiness, which was once enjoyed and now is just to be enjoyed.
Different kinds of relishes are (1) six physical tongue-tastes of different diets as sweetness, acidity, pungency, saltishness, bitterness and astringency. (2) Nine kinds of different sentiments of literature as humour, valour, wonder, amour, terror, fear, vulgarity, pathos and affectionateness. (3) Five sense relishments of touch, taste, smell, hearing and seeing. (4) Four relishes of different mental processes of Chitta, Buddhi, Ahankaar, and Manas, i.e., likes and dislikes, pros and cons,my-ness and non-myness thinking, meditation and absorption. (5) Eight joys of Yoga practice. (6) Nine superior tastes of the bliss arising from different modes of devotion (7) The five supreme joys deriving from, (a) a disinterested onlooking of the universal soul knowledge (b) Mother's personal relationship (c) complete quietude (d) supreme bliss on periodical ecstasy and (e) Finalmost joy, just before the dissolution of individuality in the infinite ocean of the Finalmost Mother.
Six diet relishes, nine literary emotions, five sense satisfaction, four mental pleasures, eight occult joys, nine devotional ecstasies and five supreme states of happiness make up the different relishments or Rasaas.
Highest enjoyableness in one which is characterised mainly by four qualities, viz., (1) inexhaustiveness of the elements which create enjoyability , Rasya; (2) nutritiousness,i.e., resulting in better being, Snigdha; (3) wholeheartedness, Hridya; and (4) sameness in quality and intensity under all conditions,Sthira.
Along with these relishes, it may be remembered that the six most important and wonderful incomprehensible objective and subjective centres of joyfulness and of relish are self, Mother, mind, wealth, women, and wine in its broadest sense of nourisher, preserver and rejuvenator of a body. It may be interesting to note, that the most important centres are to Self and Mother. The third one is an equally important centre. The remaining three centres are for first separating and then bringing about and keeping up the unification of Self and Mother through the mind. Woman leads the fool to the direct hell and the wise to the highest heavens. Wealth Judicially used places the material universe at your disposal. The same used indiscreetly and immorally brings ruin. Physical wine pushes one down into the drain, and spiritual wine of love to Mother brings about the devotee to be one with Mother.
(252) Rasa-shevadhih रसशेवधीः -Treasury of Rasa ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 800
Rasa is the nectar of unity with Mother. Rasa is the supreme way in the fructifying seed.
Having obtained the Rasa one becomes blessed, as Rasa is Mother.
(253) Kaantaa कांता- Beautiful ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 329
Devotees feel more of hilarity with Her than with the youngest most beautiful playmates.
Having described Mother as an ocean, any reader or follower may say, " Oh, it is all serenity. Let us be known as, and let us acknowledge ourselves as unfit. Devotion is alright for them who have no desire and all serenity. Surely a man can not have as much hilarity in the company of Mother, as in the company of a beloved?
To this, the reply is that She is more beautiful and more romantic than what the most beautiful and most romantic beloved can be. Mother is so very full of loving heart and romance, that youngest devotees also forget their sexual pleasures and pass all their time in the company of the Mother, considering themselves most happy. Similarly, if a devotee's heart is overflowing with pure and sincere love, people, even though young do flock around him, and feel extreme pain to leave him.
(254) Kaavyaa-laapa-vinodini काव्यालापविनोदिनी -Sporting in potential speech. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 613
She inspires Her devotees to give a masterly speech to Her during Her communion with them and She sometimes pampers them with very sweet words Herself.
The idea is She enables and teaches Her devotees, how to love, how to address, how to please Her, with masterly speeches, She sports.
(255) Kaadambari-priyaa कादंबरीप्रिया -Fond of romance. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 330
(256) Kaama-kalaa-rupaa कामकलारूपा- In the form of Kaama Kalaa. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 322
Kaama means desire and Kalaa means the art. Mother is in the form of the desire, as also the art which leads to the fructification of the desire, as also the result of the union of the desire and the art of fulfilling the same. On personification, Kaama means Shiva and Kaali means Shakti. Mother is the union of Shiva and Shakti or to be more explicit Mother is the Mother of Shiva in whose heart is Shakti and Shakti in whose heart is Shiva.
It is interesting to think about the qualities and actions of the pairs, Brahma and maayaa, Love and Power, Spirit and matter, knowledge and desire, Shiva and Shakti, man and woman, inaction and action, etc. Their union is bliss. that bliss is felt, if the union is by unification, i.e., if after separation.
There are subtleties within subtleties, and the parts they play are wonderful. They have opposite qualities at times, at times exactly similar qualities, at times they exchange these qualities. All play of the Two Inseparables, and again the conception of Two about the One, the knowledge of the Reality and delusion caused by notions of unreality, are the subtle plays. Both plays are Kaama-Kalaa-Vilaasa. One play is in delusion and the other in full understanding of the Reality.
The whole universe with its funny working is Vilaasa, the play of Mother, well versed in the art of making people run mad after desires, and again making them completely proof against any desires on the disintegration of these desires.
Mother is the desire, the kindler of the desire, the desirer, the desired, the art of fulfilling the desire, the fulfiller of the desire and finally the proofness against desire.
On the plane of love between man and woman, it is Mother that has a gifted woman with the art of kindling the desire, fulfilling the same, and finally bringing up the stage of being fed of the experiences, as a result of entertaining the desire. Woman to man is a miniature of the play of Mother to Her beloved souls, although much inferior and full of ignorance on the part of both man and woman, and of a different kind, and of a different consciousness and with a different object in view, in a word, the play of the deluded or desire-driven.
(257) Kalaavatiकलावती- Full of tricks. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 327
This is when She attracts and plays with Her devotees. She uses a hundred tricks while playing with Her devotees, befooling them, sometimes raising to skies, sometimes treating them during the play, and for the purpose of play alone, as worst as dust and so on.
(258) Shringaara-rasa-sam-purnaa श्रृंगाररससम्पूर्णा - Filled with the essence of love. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 376
It need not be stated that so many names of Mother have different interpretations , to suit different fields of love, devotion, religious philosophy, Yoga, etc. Shringaara Rasa is another name for Anaahat centre and in the field of yoga, this name means " She that fully remains in that centre."
(259) Kalyaa कल्या- Sporting with Her devotees as if drunk. ललिता सहसनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 903
(260) Kaama-sevitaa कामसेविता - Attended by Kaama ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 586
The Kama means the bodiless one( god of love ). As stated in scriptures: He, though without fingers worshipped Mother, without tongue spoke to Mother and appealed to Mother. He saw Mother without eyes, he touches Mother's form without fingers. This shows that no ceremonial for worship is indispensable.
(261) Kaama-kotikaa कामकोटीका - As beautiful as millions of Kaama. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 589
There is a theory that every woman has a womb in her forehead also, where the most righteous woman gathers up righteousness and religiosity which she can impart to children, and when that desire arises in such a woman, i.e., to beget a righteous and religious child, She brings into being a righteous soul or a Saviour, which millions of the usual Kama driven actions can not.
(262) Kaama-keli-taran-gitaa कामकेलितरंगिता -Outflowing with the desire of whimsical sportivity which knows no limits or consideration. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 863
(263) Baalaa बाला- Girl. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 965
This is the name of Mother who often appears in the dreams of Her devotees, in the form of young girl usually playing with Her maids. Tripura Siddhaanta says "Oh beloved one! because Thou playest like a child with Thy maids, and Thy devotees, Thou art called Baalaa."
(264) Lilaa-vinodini लीलाविनोदिनीTaking pleasure in amusement.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 966
Lilaa, the play(of the activity) of the Universe.
(265) Mugdhaa मुग्धा- Appearing and acting, as if She were, an innocent attractive love-stricken silent damsel. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 868
(266) Saumyaa सौम्या - Benign and pleasing as moon or camphor. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तो., नाम क्रमांक 910
(267) Mattaa मत्ता- Uncaring for anything that comes in the way of rushing towards pleasure.Egoistic and almost as rash as if intoxicated. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 576
(268) Saama-gaana-priyaa सामगानप्रिया -Fond of music, which sheds joy, peacefulness, purity, and the spirit of equality and unification and does not create or enhance lustfulness, tempestuousness and sorrow. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 909
(269) Laasyapriyaa लास्यप्रिया - Fond of dancing. Female dance is Laasya. Male dance is Taandav. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 738
(270) Mohini मोहिनी -Enchanting. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 562
Jai Maai, Mother Bless All.