(521) Paramodaa परमोदा - Happy, on making others happy.Mother is Paramodaa, as She is supremely delightful, spreading happiness all around. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 940
(522) Paramaanandaa परमानन्दा- Immeasurably happy.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 252
Mother is Paramaanandaa because She is the giver of supreme bliss.
(523) Saavitri सावित्री - Creator of universe. the Energy of Brahmaa. Also energy of the Sun. Also energy of the purity and chastity. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 699
(524) Paraa परा - Causal and unmanifest form of speech. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 366
(525) Pashyanti पश्यन्ती - Manifest form of speech. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 368
(526) Madhyamaa मध्यमा - Preparatory form of speech. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 370
(527) Vaikhari वैखरी - Finally the spoken form of speech. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 371
These are different stages of sound and speeches :
Though there are four kinds of speech, superficial-minded men do not know the existence and do not understand the working of the first three.
Thus, if one uses an expression as "He speaks from lip, tongue, throat or navel, it is not a meaningless jargon." Speaking through lip and tongue is most physical, that through throat is mental, that through the heart is emotional and that through the navel is causal. An outflow of love is sometimes stated to proceed from the navel. Speaking through eyes is not only communicative as through the tongue but is actuated by the desire of convincing.
It is the energy of the desire of the communication, that turns itself into the energy of speech. Some speak little and yet convey much. Some speak nothing and yet strike a much stronger hammer, than the vocal speech itself.
The fact is Vaikhari is not only the speech, and the lesser evolved forms are often more intense and more pregnant with energy. This explains how the heart speaks and the eyes speak more than intensely than the tongue.
Intense prater is often speechless and intense love is similarly speechless. Speechless repetition of Mother's Sacred name is, for the same reason, more effective than speechful.
(528) Manuvidyaa मनुविद्या-The Mental evolutionary Path to the attainment of Mother. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 238
(529) Chandravidyaa चन्द्रविद्या - The emotional evolutionary Path for attaining Mother. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 239
(530) Nandividyaa नन्दिविद्या - The Service evolutionary path for attaining Mother. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 733
(531) Mahaavidyaa महाविद्या - The All Combined evolutionary Path of attaining Mother. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 584
Shree Vidyaa in the Holy Hindu Scriptures is described to be of twelve kinds, with regard to the differences in the methods of worship, by twelve principal devotees of Mother, who are Manu, Chandra, Kubera, Lopaamudraa, Manmatha, Agastya, Agni, Surya, Indra, Skanda, Shiva and Durvaasa.
The twelve different Vidyaas looked at from the point of the science of Mantras, are different sacred words, formula and are different permutations of the several sacred letters of the Panchadashaakshari Mantra.
Thus, for instance, Lopaamudraa's Vidyaa or Haadi Vidyaa is
Ha ह, sa स , ka क, la ल, hrim र्हीं |, Ha ह, sa स, ka क, ha ह, la ल, hrim र्हीं |, Sa स, ka क, la ल, hrim र्हीं ||.
For Mai-ists, Manuvidyaa may be taken to mean the science of attaining Mother through knowledge and Chandravidyaa through heart or emotion or devotion. Nandividyaa through service and Mahaavidyaa may be taken to mean putting into practice and realising the above Vidyaas.
According to Mother's Lodge Ideals, "Love all" is Chandra Vidyaa, and "Serve all" is Nandi Vidyaa. "Meditating on Mother' which means Devotion, is Manu Vidyaa, and "Self-surrendering and living cheerfully in any circumstances, in which one is placed", is Mahaa-Vidyaa.
(532) Shree-shodasha-akshari-vidyaa श्रीषोडशाक्षरीविद्या - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 587
The science of meditation of Mother, through the repetition of the Mantra of sixteen syllables, is this. This Mantra is obtained by adding Aim to the fifteen-syllabled Mantra and therefore runs as under:-
Ka क, e ए, i ई, la ल , hrim र्हीं, | ha ह , sa स, ka क , ha ह , la ल , hrim र्हीं , | sa स , ka क , la ल , hrim र्हीं, Aim एें ||
(533) Trikutaa त्रिकूटा -Three-peaked or three grouped. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 588
The three peaks (of a mountain) may be taken to be Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh and She is the one mountain of which, those are the peaks. Kuta also refers to the group of the fifteen syllabled Mantra. She that is worshipped by three groups.
(534) Kutasthaa कूटस्था - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 896 Residing in the groups of the mountain. Kuta also means deception, ignorance, iron anvil and a multitude of universes. She veils Her own nature, none knows Her and therefore people are after other deities. She is firm as a mountain, in the matter of achieving the welfare of Her devotees. Her miraculous power is to be seen, in that She stands like a mountain, behind the shadow of a straw, and yet none is able to see the mountain. She makes Her devotees able to bear miseries and tyranny of the world, as on an iron anvil. She is the one, the unchangeable and the same, permeating and present during all the multitudes of universes. She resides even in the midst of deception and ignorance. This means that She liberates even those who are always full of tricks and deceptions and ignorance if they resort to Mother. If their surrender is sincere, She brings them back to the right path by a miraculous change of the outlook, angle of vision, and mentality.
She makes them pass through wonderful experiences and reclaims them as Her children, though wayward to start with.
(535) Vindhyachalvaasini विन्ध्याचलनिवासिनी - Residing in the midst of mountain. (Similar to above). ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 335
Considering the geographical situation of Himalaya and Vindhya, we may take the two Vaasinis(Residents of), to mean highest head energy and highest heart energy. This view gets support because Vindhyavaasini is again described as Nanda- Gopa-Grihe-Jaataa. Born in the house of Nanda, i.e., the energy of Blessed Lord Krishna, who was master of the hearts of the whole universe.
(536) Saraswati सरस्वती - Goddess of Learning, music and fine arts. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 704
This and the following names are more closely related to Mother, as Learning and Scriptures.
Saraswati presides over knowledge and is an ocean of knowledge. The name also means possessor. Vati of Saras, i.e., the stream of sense-impressions. She is supposed to be residing on the tongue of Her devotees. She imparts knowledge to Her devotees, but that is always parrotic knowledge. It is only when there is Divine Grace of the Finalmost Mother, that the true knowledge, with its bliss and power, dawns. Very often, the knowledge given by Saraswati, unaccompanied with Mother's Grace, turns out to be one that bewilders. Such knowledge deludes others, in the first instance, by its dazzling glamour and then the possessors of such knowledge, themselves.
Persons devoid of Divine Grace get confused, and the knowledge of non-duality, with the practice of love, service, devotion and self-surrender, which removes all sorrows, remains forever concealed from them, although they are extremely learned. Scriptures also form a labyrinth. One who enters therein once, does not find his way out, unless he constantly keeps his eyes set, on the Directing Mother, and strictly follows Her instructions, without any interference of his own will and wisdom, and with full faith. Scriptures should not be studied, without simultaneously doing all the needful, to be continuously under the showering of Her Grace.
It is Grace, that makes all the difference. Rainwater is only distilled sea-water, and the most wholesome and pleasant dish is only a mixture of several ingredients, cooked together. It is Grace that fulfils the distilling and the cooking process.
(537) Shaastramayi शास्त्रमयी - She, that is one with scriptures or She whose different limbs are scriptures.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 705
From Her breath, often through Her realised devotees, mantras and truths recorded in the scriptures originate, though often understood or misunderstood. From Her words, flow poetry and dramatic speech. From Her throat proceed medicine and archery, and from Her heart, love and devotion deluge.
What is meant is, that scriptures or scriptural portions, which refer to Mantras and truths, poetry and dramatic speech, medicine and archery, love and devotion, are all from Her and by Her Grace.
(538) Chatush-shashti-kalaa-mayi चतुःषष्टिकलामयी- ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 236
Possessing the knowledge and art of sixty-four sciences. There are several sciences and arts, treating subjects as under:-
The science of Letters, Reading and Writing different Languages, Religious knowledge, Poetry,Rhetoric, Drama, Magic, the art of Pacifying, Controlling, Attracting, Subjugating and Ruining others, the art of Nullifying the actions and effects of emotion, force, water, sight, fire, weapon, poison, speech and semen etc., the art of Training of animals and men, the arts of Divination through Astrology, Palmistry, Phrenology, Geography etc, art of Gambling, the science of Gymnasium, Cooking, Snake-charming, Hypnotizing, including deluding and stealing, Alchemy, Singing and Dancing, Diagnosing by pulse, the art of valuing Jewelry, the art of Disappearance and Changing Forms, Sizes, Shapes etc.
(539) Nijaajnaa-rupa-nigamaa निजाज्ञारूपनिगमा- ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 287
Whose commands are explained in scriptures? Scriptures are the collection of truths which gives insight into the finalmost object to be attained, and the means and the practical directions for the attainment of the finalmost Beatitude and oneness with Mother.
(540) Shruti-simantaa-sinduri-krit-paadaabja-dhulikaa श्रुतिसीमन्तसिन्दूरीकृतपादाब्जधूलिका - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 287
She, the dust of whose Lotus Feet forms the vermilion dust, spread on the different pathways, formed by different partings of hair in the heads, of the deities representing different Shrutis and Smrutis i.e. parts of the Vedas.
This means that Scriptures-deities use the dust of Mother's Lotus Feet to serve as vermilion in the different hair-partings. What is conveyed is, that Scriptures personified as deities, not only hold Mother as Saviour, but they cling to the Mother's Lotus Feet, and place their dust on their heads, most reverentially and worship-fully. Scriptures also are incapable of expressing Her directly and describe Her by negation "Not this, not that" etc.
The negation can be poetically described thus: A prince who ascended the throne decided to find out his mother, who was reported to have escaped and remained incognito, to avoid danger from an enemy. Possible Mothers were being introduced to the prince, and he went on saying "not this, not that" till finally, at once there was a dead silence. There was the ceasing of even such words, as "not this" or "not that". Outside people concluded that the prince had found his mother.