This group besides being a summary, in a way, contains words of praises and whatever remains to be said.
(923) Kapardini कपर्दिनी - Matted-haired or greatly praised. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 793
The first thing that catches the eye when Mother is seen Her hair. As the boon-giver to austerities-performers, She has matted-hair. As Mother, She has beautiful long hair. Mother's description as seen before begins with hair (Lasat-Kachaa लसत्कचा ).
KA क means water, PAR पर the flow and DA द, sanctification. She that sanctifies the flow of waters. The idea is that it is Mother that gives the power of purification to sacred rivers and places of pilgrimages.
(924) Vaamakeshi वामकेशी - Having beautiful hair.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 351
Sometimes this word is made to be interpreted as the Mother of Vaamaks वामक, i.e., followers of Vaama वाम Maarga मार्ग. Or both the words Vaamakeshi वामकेशी and Kapardini कपर्दिनी are interpreted to mean wife of Shiva शिवwho is called Kapardi कपर्दी and Vaamakeshvar वामकेश्वर. Enough has been said about it.
(925) Satya-sandhaa सत्यसंधा -Devoted to the truth. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 693
Purity suggested in the name Shuddhaa is internal and external, mental and physical. The internal impurity is due to evil motives, illegitimate desires, harmful intentions, falsehoods spoken and intended to be spoken, plans and designs, projects and programmes based on basis of selfishness and attainment of selfish desires, currents and undercurrents, different colours and cap-boards, different flows of living (natural, as to be shown to the people, as desired and so on). See Satya Roopaa सत्यरूपा.
External impurity is due to visitations of unhealthy areas and places as epidemic-affected, burning and burial grounds, night-soil repositories, etc., due to impure touch of human corpse, a dead animal, a woman in menses, due to sexual cohabitiation, due to unearned food or food already contaminated during with attainment with actions of the most debased sort of living or earning etc.
You are more polluted by food earned by doing baseliest deeds.
This pollution is actual and not imaginary or superstitious. If one carefully analyses himself he can find it out. I want Maai-ists to understand everything in quite a scientific way by additions and subtractions, by weighings, sortings etc.
I quote my experience. For over twenty-two years I did not take onion or garlic, and never took food of any other except that cooked by me or of my own highest caste people the Naagars. I had to suffer many inconveniences with a sacrifice, I lived once for a full month on dry fruits because I would not take meals of any other hand. When I began to take meals without the said observance I was for full six months banished from the most delicate spiritual sublime thoughts. Absolutely no devotional currents no long meditations, no tears, no dashing head with wall, no rolling gon ground. Absolutely a zero, a big cipher. I, however made the loss good gradually by devotion. The time I had to spend on self-cooking I did not misappropriate but I devoted the same to religious reading, meditation and devotion.
An interesting instructive instance may be given here. A Saint was once a guest of a king. He was given best food in a golden cup and dish. The night over, he was tempted and he ran away before dawn with the cup and dish, King on hearing simply laughed and ordered no action be taken. However the saint returned and wrathfully asked “What food did you give me that changed my life-long purity of greed lessness ? Inquiry was made, and it was found that the food grains were from the confiscated grain bags of a plunderer, it was cooked by a Braahman who had swallowed up the jewellery of many maidens who entrusted their jewellery to him while going to pilgrimage and did not return and the service was made by a maid-servant who was accused of trying to poison a member of the royal family for a life-lasting prize.
Just as the purest rain drop imbibes the quality of the atmosphere and soil through which it passes, so the grain also assimilates several qualities right from the producer to the consumer. A happy proverb is “The consumer's name is engraved on every grain " “Khaane walekaa naam likhaa hay daane daane men”.
A Maai-ist must know the whole working. Food taken from an inferior is a loss, no doubt a spiritual loss, but it can be made good. It is on the other hand a simply meaningless foolishness to be attaching great importance to the food you take, whereas you actually live the life of the extortionate unscrupulous moneymaking worm or a sexually immoral profligate.
In a word the importance of food purity should be later and after your decision to live a life of purity in thought and ordinary walk of life in matters of your conduct and dealings with others. Maai-ists should not begin their progressive work at the wrong end. There must be a possibility of purification however remote thought, when a non-Braahman can be spiritually equal to the best Braahman and there must be a possibility when however great a Braahman may be, by certain pollution and degeneration, he remains nothing better than a non-Braahman.
Truthfulness means transparency and transparency means purity.
Before Mother's worship begins, the very first prayer after repetition of Jay Maai is to purify us in the following words:-
Apavitrah pavitro vaa, sarvaavasthaam gatopi vaa |
yah japet Maai Jay Maai, Sa Baahyaabhyantara Shuchih ||
संस्कृत शलोक - [ अपवित्रः पवित्रो वा सर्वावस्थां गतो अपि वा ।
यः स्मरेत्पुंडरीकाक्षीं स बाह्याभ्यंतरः शुचिः ।। ]
Impure or pure, or gone to any condition of impurity though he repeats Maai Jay Maai, he is pure externally and internally.
(926) Chiti चिति - Intelligence, Wisdom.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र नमा क्रमांक 362
Wisdom as opposed to Avidyaa and intelligence as opposed to dull-mindedness.
(927) Vijnaatri विज्ञार्त्री - The Perceiver, the Knower. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 651
(928) Vedya-varjitaa वेद्यवर्जिता - Transcending all knowledge. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 652
(929) Chitkalaa चित्कला - The energy of consciousness residing in the minds of all embodied souls.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 728
(930) Vijnaana-kalanaa विज्ञानकलना - Causer of perception.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 902
(931) Vijnaana-ghana-roopini विज्ञानघनरूपिणी - One essence of consciousness or chaitanya. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 253
(932) Varna-roopini वर्णरूपिणी - In the form of letters which form the basis of language whereby knowledge can be given and taken. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 850
(933) Bhaashaa-rupaa भाषारूपा -In the form of the language which affords the ladder for the expression, communication and uplift of the aspirants to the highest plane through the Grace of Mother and Guru. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 678
(934) Maatrikaa-varna-roopini मातृकावर्णरूपिणी - In the form of the energy and influence which each letter bears by its phonetic power. Letters have been given their effects and colours under the science on the subject. For instance, sixteen vowels are smoke-coloured, thirteen letters Ka क to Da द ( as in the word daily) are red, nine letters Dha ध to Fha फ yellowish, further five letters are crimson, further, five are gold-coloured and Ha ह and Ksha क्ष are of the colour of lightning. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 577
Vowels represent Shakti शक्ती, consonants are Shiva शिव, The relation of these letters around Mother in the Shree Chakra श्रीचक्र is referred elsewhere.
(935) Panchaashat-peetha-roopini पंचाशतपीठरूपरुपिणी - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 833
Peethas पीठ are placed in Shree Chakra श्रीचक्र for the arrangement of different letters, being places for a residence of the energies conveyed by letters. Letters are really fifty-one, but one letter Ksha क्ष is omitted by some authorities.
(936) Jnaana-gamyaa ज्ञानगम्या -Where unconditioned nature is to be attained by knowledge, Mother's unconditioned nature is mere absolute consciousness which is free from limitations, infinite, immortal and supreme.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 980
(937) Jnaana-jneya-svaroopini ज्ञानज्ञेयस्वरूपिणी - In the form of knowledge and knowable. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 981
(938) Vandyaa वंद्या - Adorable.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 348
(939) Vandaaru-jana-vatsalaa वन्दारूजनवत्सला -Fond of Her worshippers in the relation of their being Her children, as Mother. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 349
(940) Prasidhaa प्रसिध्दा - Celebrated. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 395
Known to all in the shape of their "I". Many deny the existence of God and dedication of anything to God. However, if God means "I" as it is under the Mother's Ideal, everyone not only owns but asserts the existence of Mother and dedicates and desires to dedicate the whole Universe to Her.
(941) Yashasvini यशस्विनी - Famous for Her valour, help and kindness and salvation-giving to the devotees.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 474
(942) Supratishthaa सुप्रतिष्ठा - Firmly established and firm establisher. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 660
The peculiarity of Mother's path is that once you have enrolled yourself you may from time to time get tired, disheartened and leave of exertions and return to lethargy or natural slow evolutionary progress and to the laissez-faire policy but She would not leave you. She will make you get up and She will not leave you until you have done your evolutionary work. She will drag you and drive you whether you will or not till you finally reach your goal.
This reminds me of a funny story about Maayaa.
Once two disciples of a sage on a river bank saw in the river flood something like a black blanket being dragged away. Naturally, in their poor condition and cold winter, one of them was tempted. He went into the river, caught the blanket but could not come out and the poor fellow was bawling out and was being dragged away downstream. Seeing the danger the other disciple on the bank shouted out instructions:-
" Kamaliku chhoda do " = " Leave off and let go the blanket ".
He answered, " Maai ne to chhod diyaa hai, magar kamali muze nahi chhodati " = " I have long since let her go, but she does not leave me. "
The fact was that what looked like the blanket was a black she-bear.
Such is Maayaa, such is woman and such is Mother. The wisest man's wisdom lies in securing their Grace and saving themselves.
My friend Sharadbhai S. Desai came to scoff one day. He jocularly told me " Will you not give a picture of Mother to me for worship ?" I could not deny, but once I gave him I had to apologise to Mother after his departure least he might instead of worshipping simply hang the picture in a line with Gohar Jan ( Actress ) or some other cinema star. He scoffingly ran " in the river for the blanket."
What is man's most tempestuous and rebellious nature before Mother's Grace! Obligations over obligations, miracles after miracles, made the wolf to be the lamb. Marriage got settled, money for marriage came forth, earning avenue opened up, enemies became friends.
After only a fortnight, Mr Desai who is a very humorous man came to me and very laughingly told me," I came to scoff, but your Mother has caught me from the neck, lifted me up and made me walk on the thread line She laid out".
I answered him laughingly " Kamali nahi chhodegi ". कमली नही छोडेगी । "The blanket will not leave you ". Kamali कमली is also the diminutive name of Kamalaa कमला, one of the names of Mother.