JAY MAI JAY MARKAND MAI
(894) Kaama-kalaa कामकला - The art of dealing with desires. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 798
The name in original Kaavya-kalaa is altered here to be Kaama-kalaa as the latter reading is pregnant with more profound meaning. Please also see original serial no. 322 giving the name Kaama-kalaa-roopaa.
The evolutionising practical work primarily consists of bringing the six enemies within reasonable limits of control. The six internal enemies are anger, avarice, pride, envy, desire and infatuation. This is done by practice and by establishing the united strength of thought-forces constantly reminding one of the beneficial and disastrous results of good and bad thoughts, emotions and actions. As soon as due to some external circumstances or happening a bad thought desire, emotion, or motive tries to drag the mind in favour of the further fulfilment, there must be a sufficiently powerful army of good thought-forces to subdue and crush down the further working of the bad thought and emotion.
One fact however of a largely practical nature should be born in mind, viz., that the army of good thought forces is not always powerful enough. There is the habit force on both sides. SO PRACTICE IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.
Under the Mother's ideal, every achievement has to be made by one's own self, by exertion, exhaustion and expansion. No progress takes place automatically, simply because you have pious wishes or sympathizes or praiseworthy opinions or precious knowledge. Each of the six enemies to be taken one by one and subdue not only by refusing to submit to him but by even inviting and creating circumstances and seeking opportunities to practice harder and harder tests. The psychological law should be born in mind, viz., that every conquest or defeats make you more strong or weaker while meeting the next test.
A subtle and funny method is to set one enemy against another. Thus once a man sought my help in overcoming his ill-temper of easily running into fits of wrathfulness, I asked him," are you avaricious also?" He said that also unfortunately he was. I told him "say, fortunately " " you take a vow that the day you lose temper, you will pay Rupees five to me." He laughed outright and for some time whenever he got angry I made the demand of my due. The evil tendency gradually disappeared.
After the acquisition of the fair control over these six enemies, the outward tendency of all the Indriyas towards their pleasing objects should be minimized. This is called DAMAN दमन. Next, after that by habit you have uprooted the outward tendency, the mind simply meditates on pleasures and gets extremely disturbed although not powerful enough to overthrow the conquering force. Bringing mind to a fairly good stage of peacefulness is SHAMA शम above described.
The present name refers to the further stage, viz., trying to uproot the seed of desire. You have stripped off the leaves, you have to cut off the tree but there is no knowing when under suitable a season another small plant may offshoot.
Kalaa is a tenderness-conveying word, and in the work of evolution, there is another point to be noted. It is that according to Mother's Ideal, you have not to act fanatically or rudely. In the word Kalaa there is the suggestion of a warning against drastic repressive measures as they are not successful due to the reaction.
The conquest is to be achieved not like a wrathful tyrant but as an artist, not in the manner of physical force of a law and order enforcing-department, but in the manner in which a virtuous strong-willed infatuating woman improves her drunkard and way-ward husband.
By a constant, preserving, watchful, patient, long practice with cheerfulness, one should gradually lessen the force of habit which is second nature, not by abrupt abstinence but by general dilution and weakening of the opposition.
Abrupt repressive measures, austere twisting and torsioning do not help you. There is a strong reaction. A fasting belly is followed by the most gluttonous palate. After a long sexual starvation, while performing penance there comes a strong desire for sexual enjoyment.
Uprooting the seeds ( Vaasanaas वासना ) is an art ( Kalaa कला ).
Kaama-kalaa is Mother that teaches the art.
(895) Kalaanaathaa कलानाथा - Master of arts referred to above. Kalaas कला and Vilaasa विलास are to be taken in the above sense when referred to, with respect to Mother.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 612
(896) Kalaa-maalaa कलामाला - Garland of such arts.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 794
(897) Shuddha-maanasaa शुध्दमानसा - She that helps Her devotees to make chitta-shuddhi, i.e., make their minds as crystallized and purified as a lake in which Mother's Lotus Feet will be fully and faithfully reflected and as quiet ripple-less as the largest quiet lakes.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 973
(898) Shuddhaa शुध्दा - She that enables Her devotees to be pure in every respect. This is a stage superior to the above, which refers to the purity of mind alone. this purity is the purity of all thoughts, words and deeds.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 765
(899) Saadhu साधु - She that helps Her devotees to lead the life of saintliness.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 711
After attainment of purity, one has not to hurry himself in a secluded corner, thinking of his own salvation but to spread saintliness by living example of one's self. Saadhu means " well done."
(900) Sura-naayikaa सुरनायिका - Leader of the deities.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 463
After the said purity alone, lies the appropriate position for the concretised Ideal of Mother. Of course, this truth does not conflict with the preliminary concretisation of Mother's Ideal with a view to secure Her preliminary Grace to get Her to place one in the right path and in the way of a guru and to be helped in strenuous exertions to attain the said purity. The strictly legitimate place for devotion and true sincere worship as per Mother's Ideal is here alone, i.e., after Chittashuddhi चित्तशुध्दी. After Chitta Shuddhi चित्तशुध्दी alone Mother leads. Till then She simply directs or answers.
As the preliminary conception, She is the Leader of deities as evinced by the fact that She so often saved the deities from the tyranny of demons. As their Leader, She is naturally the bestower of heaven.
(901) Mukhyaa मुख्या - The first. Besides being the principal one above the ordinary deities above referred to, She is the principal one of the main deities as well.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 563
(902) Kaala-kanthi कालकण्ठी - Kalaakantha कालकण्ठ is the name of Shiva शिव conveying the fact that Shiva has swallowed up poison and keep it in His throat (Kantha कण्ठ ), and had so doing saved the universe from Kaalaकाल. (The Destroyer).ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 464
Kaalakanthi कालकण्ठी is usually taken to mean wife of Shiva शिव but Mother's Lodge members as so often stated should take the meaning to be She by whose Grace Shiva शिव was enabled to swallow up the poison and save the universe.
(903) Nandini नंदिनी - She that was born with Krishna at Nandaraajaji's house and was emblematic of the supreme power of Lord Shree Krishna. Nandini may be taken to mean the wonderful miraculous supreme power capable of doing, undoing and wonderfully doing or undoing. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 450
This name may be taken to convey the idea of the Power aspect of Mother.
(904) Yogini योगिनी - She that confers supernatural powers through the practice of Yoga or She that joins up and brings about the union of those that love Her with one another and with Herself. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 653
(905) Kurukullaa कुरूकुल्ला - She that is situated in the tank of the Shree Chakra, in the space between walls of Chit and Ahamkaar. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 438
(906) Chinmyi चिन्मयी - In the form of consciousness. CHAITANYA, Intelligence or sentience. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 251
(907) Trikonaantara-dipikaa त्रिकोणान्तरदीपिका - The light within the triangle in the pericarp of Mulaadhaara-Chakra.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 597