This group contains names, which give a more practical and detailed outlook, about the understanding of Mother, Universe, soul, world, life and living etc.
(631) Vishvamaataa विश्वमाता - She is the Mother of the whole universe. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 934
(632) Gomaataa गोमाता- ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 605
She is Mother, of whatever appears outside, i.e., Vishva. She is Mother of whatever is felt within, i.e., Indriyaas, as well.She is the Mother of heaven, moon, earth, fire, truth and the evolutionary path, and above all, Mother of the divine cow ( Surabhi), which gives whatever is desired. The word "Go", means all the above , i.e., Indriyas, heaven, moon, earth, fire, truth, faith, path and Divine Cow.
(633) Ishvari ईश्वरी - The Supreme Controller. The highest individuality with the supreme independent inviolable and indisputable mastery, over every one and everything. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमाक 271
(634) Charaachara-jagannaathaa चराचरजगन्नाथा - Ruler of the animate and inanimate worlds. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 244
(635) Raajni राज्ञी - The supreme Queen.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 306
(636) Vidhaatri विधात्री- The ordainer of one's fate. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 337
It is stated, that on the sixth day after a child is born, this Vidhaatri settles up the main issues of the life and living of the child. What befalls everyone outside one's control is, what is ordained by Vidhaatri. The above function is Her function, as a routine one, but Mother is prayed as Vidhaatri, because She often makes exceptions, and exempts Her devotees from routine operations of the Karmic Law, whenever She so desires.
(637) Paradevataa परदेवता - She is the supreme deity. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 369
(638) Vishva-saakshini विश्वसाक्षिणी - She sees and supervises all and everything. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तो., नाम क्रमांक 334
(639) Kuleshvari कुलेश्वरी- She is the ruler of the family of the triad of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 439
(640) Nikhileshvari निखीलेश्वरी - Ruler of all. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 569
(641) Deveshi देवेशी - Ruler of deities. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 607
(642) Tridasheshvari त्रिदशेश्वरी - Ruler of the three consciousness state of waking, dreaming and sleeping. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 629
(643) Raajraajeshvari राजराजेश्वरी - Ruler of kings of kings. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 648
(644) Sarvatantreshi सर्वतन्त्रेशी - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 724
Ruler of all the success, and master of the secrets of scriptures dealing with the practices and paths of devotion.
(645) Jayatsenaa जयत्सेना - With a victorious and invincible army, for fights of all classes, physical, moral, spiritual etc. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 788
(646) Bhavachakrapravartini - भवचक्रप्रवर्तिनी ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 843
Mover and Turner of the wheel, of the earthly existence of individuals and of the universe, through birth, growth, decay etc. She is the final disposer as binder or releaser. She turns the angle of vision of some towards material happiness, or of fewest, towards mental and individual happiness, and of some towards Herself and Her glory and sportivity. Bhavachakra means the wheel of worldliness and is stated to be a chakra, being like a whirlpool constantly in a circular motion, with a speed which is swifter than that of the mind.
(647) Vishvagraasaa विश्वग्रासा- ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 890
She to whom the whole universe is just nothing more than a morsel. She is the consumer of the universe. The sinful and the sinless, the Brahmins and the Harijans, the Hindus and the Non-Hindus, in spite of all their tall-talked differences, are not different to Her. All of them are merely the smallest grains of Her morsel, and that is apparent. Neither the sinless nor the Hindu nor the Brahmin nor the bath-and-kitchen religion-observers, have been able to show any greater superiority to others, in the matter of avoiding or postponing or prolonging death. The difference is there, but it should not be so magnified, as will throw you in forgetfulness of many times much higher truths.
(648) Maheshi महेशी -The great Final Disposer. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 932
(649) Vaamakeshi वामकेशी- Mother that gives bliss to the worshippers on the Left Path. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 351
The idea conveyed by both these names is, that it is best to go by the right path, but even if you are drawn to Mother, through the Left Path, you are many times much better than Godless beings, because you will be set right, once you have taken refuge in Her and will be saved.
(650) Vaamkeshvari वामकेश्वरी - The worshipped and the Saviour of the followers of the Left Path or Vaamakas, who are condemned by the people of the Right Path. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 945
(651) Panchabhooteshi पंचभूतेशी - Ruler of five elements, viz., ether, air, light, water and earth. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 949
(652) Trikhandeshi त्रिखण्डेशी -Ruler of the three divisions of the Panchadashaakshaari Mantra. She, that is pleased by meditation, on the three portions of Her physical form, viz., the visage, central portion and the Lotus Feet. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 983
Trikhanda is also the tenth Mudraa, i.e., finger-figure for meditation, and Trikhandeshi means She, who is propitiated through that particular Mudraa.
(653) Shaaradaaraadhyaa शारदाराध्या - Worshipped by the deity of learning and great souls of learning. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 123
(654) Mahaabhairavapoojitaa महाभैरवपूजिता - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 231
Worshipped by great Bhairava, the deity of exertion. This name is suggestive of the triple activity of Mother, as Bha means Bharana or Creation, Ra means Ramana or protection and Va means Vamana or destruction.
महाचतुःषष्टिकोटियोगिनीगणसेविता Served by the great sixty-four crores of bands of yoginis (energy-deities-attendants). ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 237
There are eight principal Divinities, expressed by the name of Ashtamurthi. Each one has eight Shaktis. This makes up sixty-four Shaktis and each Shakti has one crore maid-servants known as Yoginis.
(656) Haribrahmendrasevitaa हरिब्रह्मेन्द्रसेविता - Served by Hari, Brahma and Indra. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 297
This name is to convey the fact, that those who have known the three deities, without reference to their worship of Mother, have not known what perfection is, and to convey, that one should not expect the final perfection from any other deity, except Mother.
One devotee says,"Oh, Parama Shivaa, why should I be a beggar, and beg from Vishnu, Brahamaa, Shiva, Indra and other beggars who possess dominion given by Thee?
(657) Raajaraajaarchitaa राजराजार्चिता - Worshipped by kings of kings, as Manu. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 305
(658) Taapasaaraadhyaa तापसाराध्या - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 359
Worshipped by ascetics or souls suffering from actual calamities or burning in the triple fire of worldliness. Another meaning is that She is the only worshippable in the midst of the miseries of the world. Taapa means miseries or fires, mainly stated to be three, as explained elsewhere. Saara means essence and Dhyaa means meditation.
(659) Kaam-poojitaa कामपूजिता - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 375
Worshipped by Kaama, the deity of cupidity and sexual pleasure and happiness; or She that is worshipped in Kaama Rupa, i.e., the portion in the human body, near the place of happiness, i.e., Mulaadhaara Chakra. In the human body, Mother is supposed to have been mainly centred at four points figuratively named as under :
1. Kaama Rupa Peetha near Mulaadhaara Chakra or place of enjoyment. 2. Odyaana Peetha near the navel, i.e. near Manipura Chakra 3. Purnagiri Peetha near the heart, i.e., near Anaahata Chakra. 4. Jaalandhar Peetha near the throat, i/e., near Vishhuddhi Chakra
(660) Shivaaraadhyaaशिवाराध्या - Worshipped by Shiva. The Brahma Puraan says:"Even Shiva by worshipping Whom, by meditation, by the power of Yoga or union with Whom, becomes the Lord of all Siddhis and becomes half-female." ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 406
Post a Comment