JAY MAI JAY MARKAND MAI
GROUP TUnder this group such names as give a bit advance view of matters, are included.
(748) Gurumurti गुरूमूर्ति - In the form of Guru the Teacher. Mother, Guru, Shishya and the Mantra are in such intimate inter-connection that they may be taken to be one. Guru is one who removes darkness. Guru should be a miniature of God who is approachable and available for the incessant practice of attaining the deservedness of efficiently serving Mother. Guru is for the practice of dedication, self-surrender, most honest dealing, confession, obedience, patience and other virtues, which should be sufficiently developed to enable one to gain admission into the realm of a higher plane. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 603
Mother is Guru, because so long as Her Grace is not there, you do not recognize the Guru although you are in his company for years together, nor does the Guru feel any inclination to speak with you. It is the Mother's Grace, which brings about the union of Guru and Shishya and Guru who brings about the union of the individual soul and the universal soul
In some cases Mother Herself becomes the Guru.
(749) Gunanidhi गुणनिधिः -The treasure of all virtues. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 604
By company of the Guru and by strict obedience to his instructions, you develop virtues and eliminate vices. Mother is the treasure of all virtues. To the extent that you have the treasure of virtues, you have more of Mother with you.
Guru also means a rope and Nidhi the person to whom the rope is tied. The idea is that during calamities, Mother tightly holds the rope of the boat of Her devotees, preventing them from sinking.
Once Her devotees declare themselves surrendered to Her, She holds them in Her full grip.
(750) Guru-mandala-rupini गुरूमण्डलरूपिणी - In the shape of assemblage or collection or conference of spiritual teachers. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 713
This word conveys universality. Mother is not simply Guru-murti but Guru-mandala-rupini as well. The evil of well-froggism that follows as result of considering Guru as God is here warned against. She is the collection of all the Gurus. It is foolish to consider that one's own Guru is a diamond and those of others are stones.
In the matter of one's own Guru, religion and worshipped God aspect, the understanding must be very subtle. The advantage of concentration on one's own select should not be lost on one hand and there should not be well froggism on the other. This is a difficult position which few are able to achieve. You must be devoted to your own and yet revere others. It is foolish to wipe out distinctions and yet it is necessary to broaden the outlook. To say, "everything is same " is the talk of a fool who is simply a talker or one who is too much afraid least a quarrel or some bitterness may ensue.
To give an idea of routine life, it should be just as in a joint family of an old papa with several sons. Each of the sons' wives acts equally well to all the sons in all matters except one, viz., the matrimonial heart to heart relation. So a devotee has to behave with respect to his own God and Guru and those of others. All are the sharers of the whole property but the master of oneself, one's heart and one's love in One alone.
(751) Abhyaasaatishaya-jnaataa अभ्यासातिशयज्ञाता - Known by immense practice. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 990
The aspirant must have a Guru and obedience to him, he should develop a character, he should broaden the outlook and when he should launch upon the life of immense practice.
The degeneration that has recently set in the spiritual world has been due to a misunderstanding of the meaning of the word Abhyaasa. Almost every man translate it by "Study". Abhyaasa means practice. Thousands are under that misunderstanding. A wrong notion has prevailed for centuries, viz., that you must obtain Jnaana and as soon as you are Jnaanin, you have nothing more to do. Sins do not touch you just as water does not touch the lotus. This misunderstanding has been overpowering and that is because common reason is entirely banished while meditating on religion. Mother's religion states "Knowing is not possessing."Possessing requires exertion, suffering, patience, etc., Knowledge simply enlightens you as to the goal, and the method of attaining the goal, etc. Knowledge is not the end as is wrongly and foolishly understood. Knowing is to enable you to achieve.
Mere knowing does not help you. Having known that there are six enemies, as per, Maai method, you have actually to start on a campaign of controlling and subduing and uprooting them, one after another, by actual practice extending for a certain period, in respect of one after another. The foolish notion is that with the assent to certain beliefs a man advances in spirituality as he advances in age. No !! Nothing is achieved automatically except what you have actually exerted yourself and died for. That is the main teaching of Maai-method.
No Guru, nor even God can enable you to cross even the smallest obstruction unless you yourself will it and exert yourself for it. There is no CHOOMANTAR in the Mother's realm and Mother's Path.
(752) Tamopahaa तमोपहा - Remover of darkness. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 361
Tamas means ignorance. They that worship ignorance enter the blind darkness. Darkness and ignorance mean death. Primarily Tamas manifests itself in two ways, (1) not knowing the right thing and knowing the truth as untruth and untruth as truth (2) Deadness, inertia, aversion or any change or activity.
Under deadness comes absence of control over senses and false contentment known as Ashakti or Tushti respectively. Tushti is also a kind of Tamas, and some of its varieties are" All your exertions towards raising religiosity are simply wasteful. Time is unsuitable. God himself does not like. It is the wish of God that in Kaliyuga (iron age) religious work cannot bear fruit."
Under the other head of Tamas comes ignorance, inversion and abuse, the dynamic force being egotism and selfishness. The abuse of God Grace to obtain Siddhis and utilise them to one's fame and easy attainment of all comforts, pleasures and sources of merry-making is the most degenerative abuse. In the case of ignorance the man has no knowledge but in the case of inversion he knows facts and yet acts in the opposite manner. Incapacity and weakness are one thing, over-activity and oppressiveness is another thing and between the two is indecision and oscillation and hypocrisy, etc.
(753) Dhanyaa धन्या - She that blesses Her world-leaving devotee with the mental condition of a Fortunate. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र नाम क्रमांक 957
On removing the deadness, ignorance, inversion and desire to abuse Mother's Grace, Mother gradually makes you fortunate and makes you feel fully satisfied that you are exceptionally fortunate beyond all undreamt of expectations.
Dhanya is one of the four kinds of stages of meditation or emotions with thoughts, through which soul rapidly passes on deathbed.
These are known as Artha, Raudra, Dhanya and Shukla.
The first is that kind of meditation which arises through illusion resulting in a desire to possess dominions, pleasures, comforts, recreations, beauties, scents, garlands, jewels, dresses, ornaments etc, making up all luxury, splendour and pleasure.
The second meditation is one in which a dying person remembers how much he had to suffer for the sake of getting these enjoyments, but still is unable to rise above the subduing force of the desire to have enjoyments.
In the case of the third type of meditation Dhanya, one thinks about the future programmes and revises one's lessons, revives in brains all that is best and useful for pure and peaceful divine life , thinks about the causes and effects ,stumblings and divine helps, etc.,thinks of how to still better increase control over senses and how to be compassionate and useful to others, etc.
In the case of the fourth meditation, one thinks of God alone and unity with God entirely forgetting even the existence of senses and their fields of pleasures, etc.
(754) Dharmaadhaaraa धर्माधारा - Supporter of the devotee's religious progress.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 884
(755) Dharmavardhini धर्मवर्धिनी - Increaser of the religious observances.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 959
This Mother generally does by increasing the desire of the devotees to follow the dictates and commandments of one's religion.
(756) Dharmini धर्मिणी - Increaser of religiosity. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 958
Religiosity is the essence churned out by observing the religious requirements. Religiosity is the condition of being what a religion is expected to make of its follower.
Now we try to go over different branches of progress in the spiritual line. The majority of the aspirants go to the path of religion with a view to propitiate Mother to help them in fulfilment of their desires. This is the most popular, common and mass method.
(757) Kaamadhuk कामधुक् - The cow of plenty, fulfilling all desires.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 795
(758) Raajyalakshami राज्यलक्ष्मी -Bestower of Royal wealth, the Royal wealth itself. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 689
(759) Dhanaadhyakshaa धनाध्यक्षा - Ruler of wealth.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 885
(760) Kaamarupini कामरूपिणी -Creator, fulfiller and annihilator of desires. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 796
While getting fulfilment, the aspirants come to learn that the pains that are required to be undergone for obtaining the fulfilment as immense as contrasted with the output and the sequence and that the happiness which was anticipated is not there. They begin to realise that trying to satisfy all desires is a pursuing a mirage. They then come to a higher stage of achieving the condition when desires themselves get few and feeble. They begin to meditate and find that the source which creates, fulfils and annihilates desires is Mother. She is all in all regarding the desires. Thus understanding the truth they finally come to worship Her not for desires but for Her own Grace.
And then a sympathy, a reverential love is born, and She is meditated upon as beauty, delicacy, love, mercy and as the source of happiness, in names as under.
(761) Chandranibhaa चन्द्रनिभा - Tranquilizer as moon. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 592
(762) Naabhyaa-la-vaala-romaali-lataa-phala-kucha-dvayi नाभ्यालवालरोमालिलताफलकुचद्वयी - Her two breasts are the fruits growing on the creeper-like hair which sprang from Her deep navel. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 34
(763) Lakshya-roma-lataa-dhaarataa-samunneya-madhyamaa लक्ष्यरोमलताधारतासमुन्नेयमध्यमा - Her waist in inferrable only from the group of the creeper-like hair. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 35
(764) Kanatkanka-taatankaa कनत्कनकताटंका - Wearing shining gold ear-rings.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 864
(765) Talodari तलोदरी - Slender waist-ed. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 847
(767) Malayaachalvaasini मलयाचलवासिनी Residing in the Malaya mountains ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 458
(768) Nalini नलिनी - Lotus-formed. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 460